DOWNLOADING DIGITAL GOODS BOTH FREE AND PURCHASED
In more detail, depending on which of our Services you interact with we may collect and process the following types of information:
• details about how you use and interact with our Services (for example, information about how and when you visit our website(s), what device you use to access services or details regarding profile visits);
• information that you provide us with when you fill in forms, answer questions or complete surveys when using any of our Services or when you create an account with us;
• the content of messages sent using our chat and messaging systems, including but not limited to Facebook messaging, website messaging, text and voicemail messages;
• if you contact us, for instance through email or messaging on our Facebook page, or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• your interactions with us on our social media channels;
• information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below;
If you choose not to create a Profile by connecting your social media account, the information that we collect when you access our Services will be anonymous, but we will collect device level identifiers and other information associated with those identifiers including:
• the type of device you are using to access our Services, identifiers such as IP address, device identifiers, account ID, ad identifiers, and the country or region that you are in; and
• how you interact with our websites and other Services (such as which web page you are visiting, session and time duration, number of attempts at logging in and purchases made).
In some instances, when you make purchases on or through our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable to Davies Designs. We do not collect or retain credit card information unless a separate request has been made in writing for things like automated billing. Our payment service providers will provide us with information about your purchases so that we know if a purchase has been successful.
We may from time to time ask you for your consent to collect other information from you or your device. If we do this or something similar, we will tell you what information we would like to collect, why we need it and what we'll use it for.
We, our suppliers and chosen business partners, may use this information:
• to enable us to provide our Services to you, to ensure that any purchases you make are verified on our servers and delivered, and to provide you with support if you require it;
• to enable us to customize our Services for you and for the device that you are using, as well as to deliver customized events, offers and promotions;
• to enable us to comply with laws that apply to us, to prevent fraud, to ensure compliance with our terms of service or where necessary to defend, exercise or establish our legal rights including our rights under our Terms and Conditions (www.daviesdesigns.net/terms-conditions).
We may also share your information with third party publishers who help us provide our Services to you on our behalf.
We also analyze and use the information that we collect on an anonymized or aggregated basis for product development, to analyze the performance of our websites, to troubleshoot and to improve and optimize our Services to ensure the best experience as a whole.
PROVIDING AND OPTIMIZING OUR SERVICES
We use your information to enable us to provide our websites, advertising and other Services to you and to optimize all of them so that we can ensure the best possible experience for you. This will include use and analysis of aggregated data provided by means of Google Analytics to make sure that our websites work properly on all devices.
Some of our Services include chat functionality. Users of chat service(s) can send messages to our clients where we manage client online accounts, to Davies Designs or publicly on our forums. Your messages may be used and stored by us: (a) to convey your messages; and (b) to enable you and your recipients to view your message history. We reserve the right to review the content of your messages, including by using automatic filters if necessary, to ensure that you are complying with our Terms and Conditions and we also reserve the right to prevent your use of our chat service(s) or to block the sending of any message for any reason. We will not use the content of your chat messages for any other purpose.
We use your information, including data that you provide directly to us in communications, to provide you with support through customer service channels when you need it. We may also use it to contact you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about our Services. Finally, we will use your data to manage your account and relationship with us and improve your experience when you use our Services.
One of our customer service channels is the Davies Designs website (https://www.daviesdesigns.net/contact). For information about what data we collect and process when you use the Davies Designs website, see Visiting our Websites below.
ANALYTICS AND RESEARCH
SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY
We have a number of social and community channels which we use to communicate with our audience. If you choose to interact with those channels, we will receive your information and use it in connection with those channels, including engaging with you, and we may also republish your posts to those channels.
PROMOTIONS AND COMPETITIONS
CHEATING, CRIME AND FRAUD PREVENTION
We may use personal data that we hold to prevent cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention, such as the police.
We may use your data as required or permitted by applicable law. As a specific example, if you live in the European Union, this would include for the purpose of providing invoices where we are required to do so by law or where requested by you.
VISITING OUR WEBSITES
When you visit our websites, such as www.daviesdesigns.net and other websites and forums operated by us ("Websites"), we collect information about you, such as details about how you use and interact with such Websites. We may use the information we collect about you for a number of purposes, including for operating and optimizing the Websites, in connection with our advertising purposes, and for research and analysis.
The information we collect and process about you when you visit our Websites includes:
• information that you provide us with when you fill in forms or create posts on our Websites, or when you create an account with us;
• details of your use of the Websites and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you use the Websites, or what device you use to access the Websites);
• if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we or other users of the Websites send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• your interactions with us on our social media channels; and
• information we collect via cookies (which are small text files placed on your device). Cookies allow us to collect data, such as your device's model, operating system and screen size and other information about how you use our Services. For more information, see Ad Identifiers, Cookies and Similar Technologies below.
We, our suppliers and chosen business partners, may use this information:
• as necessary in order to provide the Websites and related services to you;
• for the purposes of contacting you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about the Websites;
• for the purposes of managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use the Websites;
• for the purposes of research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
• for the purposes of marketing and promotion of Davies Designs products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about merchandise relating to our Services. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with the Websites;
• for the purposes of preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention; or
When using online forums such as our social media channels, please be aware that in addition to your user name, any questions, answers, comments or submissions that you post will be publicly available and any data you provide can be read and/or used by other users. You should therefore only share content that you are comfortable sharing publicly.
CONNECTING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM FACEBOOK
• If you log in to our websites and/or Services using your Facebook account details, we will receive some of your Facebook account information. If you choose to log into our website on the desktop version of Facebook.com, your basic Facebook account information will automatically be associated with your Davies Designs Profile. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your settings in your Facebook account, but typically we will receive your basic public profile information such as your username, email address, age range, gender, chosen language, country and any other public information.
• We will also collect the email account associated with your Facebook account. You can choose not to allow us to access your email address, but will not be able to use your Facebook profile to create a Davies Design Profile. If you provide us with your email address we may from time to time use that email address to send you marketing emails about our Services. You can opt out of this at any time - see Opting-out of Direct Marketing from Davies Designs below.
• Logging in with Facebook will not allow us to post anything to your page and we will not receive any information about your Facebook friends.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM GOOGLE
• If you log in to our websites and/or Services using your Google account details, we will receive some of your Google account information. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your settings in your Google account, but typically we will receive your basic public profile information such as your name, email address and profile picture.
• You can revoke future access to your information at any time by following the steps at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/112802?hl=en.
Unless you opt out as explained below, we and our third party partners may use information collected about you to send you marketing communications about our Services based on your interests. For example, we may send emails, serve ads within our Services or place ads on third party websites, apps and Internet-connected devices.
We may use the information that we hold about you to promote Davies Designs own Services in a number of ways. This might include:
• advertising within third party websites, apps and Internet-connect devices;
• emailing you promotions for other Davies Designs Services; or
• sending you marketing materials by email.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE FOR MARKETING?
We use information about you to try to make sure you only see marketing from us that might be of interest to you. This includes using information that we may have about you, such as:
• ad identifiers and other non-personal information collected from your device. For more information, see Ad Identifiers, Cookies and Similar Technologies;
• the Services you have used and information about how you interact with our Services;
• your age, country or region, and gender; and
• other information that we might acquire from our third party marketing partners or other third parties who have obtained your consent or have another legal right to share that information with us.
• When we market our Services in media published by other companies, we may use various third party marketing partners to assist us on our behalf, and we may share information which we have collected about you with such third parties for these purposes.
• Our marketing partners may help us to serve ads to you by combining this information with data which they have collected about you elsewhere. They collect this information when you use their services or the websites and services of third parties. Our partners use this information to make assumptions about the kinds of advertising you would prefer to see. If they determine that you would be interested to see an advert for Davies Designs Services, they may serve you with a Davies Designs ad while you are using other websites and services.
OPTING-OUT OF DIRECT MARKETING FROM DAVIES DESIGNS
You can exercise choices over the direct marketing we send you in the following ways:
• you can withhold your consent for us to send you direct marketing emails by opting out when we collect your email address or by electing not to share your email address with us when you first create an account using your Facebook details;
• you can remove yourself from receiving email marketing from us at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe link in any direct marketing email we send to you or sending an email to email@example.com; and
• to disable interest-based advertising, please see How to Adjust Your Preferences for Interest Based Advertising below.
You should note that if you opt out of receiving interest based or targeted advertising, you will still see advertising and you may see advertising for Davies Designs Services, but that advertising will not be targeted using your personal information.
We use information that we hold about you to better target ads for third party goods and services to people that might be most interested in them. These ads may be shown to you within our Services.
WHAT INFORMATION IS USED FOR ADVERTISING?
• ad identifiers and other information collected from your device. For more information, see Ad Identifiers, Cookies and Similar Technologies;
• the Services you use and information about how you interact with our Services;
• your age, country and region, and gender; and
• other demographic and interest based information that we might acquire from our third party marketing partners or other third parties who have obtained your consent or have another legal right to share that information with us.
• When you use our Services, non-personal identifiers and other information from your device is collected and shared with advertising partners to enable the technical delivery of ads to your device.
• Our advertising partners may combine this information with information which they have collected about you when you use their services (or the websites or services of third parties) in order to serve you more relevant ads in our Services or to improve the accuracy of their targeting and measurement systems.
• You consent to the collection and use of your data for targeting advertising purposes by our advertising partners as set out in this section and as further described in their privacy policies.
• We recommend that you review our advertising partners’ privacy policies for more information. A list of our advertising partners and their Privacy Policies can be found here. You can refuse or withdraw your consent to such use at any time - for more information, see How to Adjust Your Preferences for Interest Based Advertising.
OPTING-OUT OF INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
• You can choose to prevent your device's ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising by updating the settings on your device. For more information, see How to Adjust Your Preferences for Interest Based Advertising below.
• Please note that if you opt out of interest based advertising, you will still be able to use our Services and you may still see advertising in our Services but those ads will not be targeted using information that we hold about you. However, they may still be delivered based on contextual criteria such as the Service that ad is to be displayed in, or the region in which your device is located.
AD IDENTIFIERS, COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To provide our Services, Websites and interest-based advertising, we may use ad identifiers, cookies and similar technologies. This section describes our use of these technologies and how you can manage your preferences.
Ad identifiers, cookies and similar technologies may be used by us to provide our Services to you and in order to collect data from your device. These technologies allow us and our third party advertising partners to:
• recognize you and your device;
• provide interest-based advertising to you;
• allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
• allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions; and
• enable us and third parties to provide you with more customized services, for example to provide our Services in the correct language.
HOW DO AD IDENTIFIERS, COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES WORK?
• Ad identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple's ID for advertising (the ‘IDFA’), which are uniquely associated with your device. Similar technologies include tracking pixels within ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognize your device when you use websites and applications.
• Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your desktop computer or mobile device. You can withdraw your consent to cookies by updating the settings within your browser.
HOW TO ADJUST YOUR PREFERENCES FOR INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
• You can choose to prevent your device's ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising, or you can reset your device's ad identifier, by changing the settings of your device. Settings vary from device to device but you will usually find the ad identifier settings under "privacy" or "ads" in your device's settings.
• If you live in the USA, Europe or Canada, you can also opt-out from the collection of your information by some or all of our advertising partners who participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (for US users), http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ (for European users) or http://youradchoices.ca/choices (for Canadian users).
• If you choose to adjust your preferences in order to prevent these technologies, you may find that you cannot enjoy the full use of our Services.
• Please note that adjusting your preferences as described in this section does not mean you will no longer receive adverts, it only means the adverts you do see will be less relevant to your interests. We will also still use your device’s ad identifier to serve you with ads; for example, we may use this for frequency capping (in other words, to control the maximum number of times you see the same ad from us).
You have certain rights in connection with your personal information and how we handle it. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via any of the methods set out in the Contact Us section below.
Those rights include:
RIGHT OF ACCESS.
You have a right to know what information we hold about you and in some cases to have the information communicated to you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us to let us know that you wish to exercise your right of access and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information. Please note that we may not be able to provide all the information you ask for, for instance if the information includes personal information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to tell you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible, but we will always do so within 1 month of receipt of your request and verification of your identity.
RIGHT TO CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We try to keep the information that we hold about you accurate and up to date. Should you realize that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct it as soon as we can.
In some circumstances you have a right to have some of the personal information that we hold about you deleted. Should you wish to have any information about you deleted, please Contact Us using the information below. Please note that in order to process your request you must delete our Services from your devices and clear our cookies from any device where you have used our Services in a web browser. Where we delete personal information about you, we may still retain some or all of that information for other purposes such as maintaining financial records, protecting or enforcing legal rights, maintaining marketing suppression lists or for technical reasons such as maintaining technical security. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form.
If you have created an account with us, you can ask us to deactivate that account by contacting us using the information below. We may ask you for other information before we are able to deactivate your account. Other steps you should take should you wish to completely deactivate your account include disassociating your Facebook account from our Services and deleting downloaded Services from your mobile devices.
In some circumstances, you may have the right to request that data which you have provided to us is provided to you, so you can transfer this to another data controller.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING.
In some cases, you may have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data, such as when you are disputing the accuracy of your data held by us.
RIGHT TO OBJECT.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data about you which is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests (see Legal Bases below).
DIRECT MARKETING OPT-OUT.
If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, you can change your mind at any time by following the opt out link in any marketing communication that is sent to you. If you have elected to receive more than one type of marketing communication from us, you may need to opt out of all of them individually. It may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt out is effective.
You must be over a certain age to use our Services, depending on where you live. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from or direct or target interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 18, or knowingly allow such person to use our Services without express written permission from a parent or guardian. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18 without the written permission of a parent or guardian (for example, photography model release), please Contact Us. In the event that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age mentioned above, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
• who we share your information with and the reasons for sharing it;
• measures we take to keep your information secure;
• the legal bases under which we process your data;
• how long we retain your information and where we store it;
• when and why we share your information with third parties, including transfers outside the United States; and
• as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your personal information to suppliers we may use to fulfill the Services or to communicate with you);
• where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your personal information to our payment processors);
• where your data is in an anonymous and aggregated format, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
• as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation or as is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Davies Designs, our users, or others; and
• We may also share your information with our service providers if necessary to enable them to provide services to us.
Davies Designs takes appropriate security and technical measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss and misuse. In addition, we request (and select) suppliers and business partners who process personal information on our behalf take a range of security measures designed to help protect your personal information and maintain an appropriate level of security. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information online and offline, as the Internet by its nature is not a secure environment and the nature of security risks is constantly evolving. As such you should always take care when sharing your information online.
In each case where we process your information, we do so lawfully in accordance with one of the legal basis set out under United States law. The legal bases which we rely upon are the following:
This covers data used by us in order to provide you with Services that you have requested - and that we have agreed - to provide to you, such as customer services, chat functionality and third party social network connectivity;
This covers data used by us to comply with a legal obligation, such as to maintain records relating to tax or to respond to a valid legal request for certain data;
This covers data used by us for purposes that are not harmful to your privacy and can be reasonably expected within the context of your use of our Services, such as Marketing, Advertising, analytics, research and optimization of our Services; and
LOCATION OF STORAGE
We store your information on servers that we control and sometimes third party servers which are primarily based in the United States. We may also use servers and engage providers that are located outside the United States in order to process and store your information and to provide services to us.
If necessary, we may transfer your information to affiliated entities or third parties to jurisdictions outside the United States. Please note that these countries outside of the United States may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction. We take steps to ensure that there are adequate safeguards and mechanisms in place to allow the transfer of your information across borders outside of the United States.
1) via our Contact Us page at
2) via email at